Well the season ended on a loss, but despite that it was fun. Unfortunately we only had 7 guys from the roster at the game. Scott A was able to get Dan and Nate to come play but without the consistency of the regulars it is hard to be consistent as a team. It is somewhat frustrating because we work so hard during the season and then bomb as a high seed come tournament time. The guys who were there played hard and our defense still did pretty well, but Scott didn't get a lot of reps at QB until the end of the season and that was who we had for Saturday.
The Ballers ended up winning the tournament. They played consistent all day. Their line did a good job of controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. They won by about 4 or 5 TD's. Good to know that we were only down 14 - 6 with a couple of minutes to go.
It is hard to justify keeping your starting QB when they don't consistently show. Maybe I'm old school, but when I commit to something I don't choose to do something else when others are counting on me. There are some things that take precedence, like a family member in the hospital, wedding, honeymoon, work making you come in, generally things out of your control. Other than that, it is few and far between. I can't back you when you choose to not come. It doesn't matter if you are Joe Montana, sorry, if you don't show you aren't helping the team.
I guess it doesn't matter much since it sounds like a large chunk of the team won't be back. Travis has his semi-pro team, Jon & Andrew are moving, Marcus is going on a mission, Dee is hanging up the cleats. I have been approached by the Ballers to play receiver for them and play on their indoor team as well. I am not sure what I am going to do. I really want to start playing volleyball again and I have a chance to get on a few different teams if I want to. They will be a lot closer to our new house too. I guess I'll have to wait and see what works out.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment