Monday, November 12, 2007

Moving

We moved into our house this past Saturday. We are down to a van full of miscellaneous lamps, boxes, the crib, and "stuff." We really need those lamps though since none of the bedrooms have lights. Ugh. Luckily our headboard has lights and our bathroom lights up our room well enough to get our bed set up. We inherited a really nice king-size bed that the boys have been sleeping in along with another large (seems bigger than a queen) bed in the 4th bedroom.

One of the only things that has been rough on me is that I cannot find my boots for work. They were getting pretty roughed up and worn out, but I wanted to get boots when I was ready. We have a Red Wing Store close to work so it looks like I will be stopping by there at lunch.

I like having the house. I don't have to fight for a parking spot. I don't have to pay an extra $50 a month for a garage spot. We have leaves to rake up in the front yard when we get a rake. We have to get a couple garbage cans, the city doesn't provide them like they do in a lot of places. Oh well. We got $400 in gift cards to Lowe's from our Real Estate Agent and Lender. Those will be used quickly. Our bathroom will be one of the first projects we tackle. Luckily it is only about 32 SF so we will only need about 20 SF of tile. We will have to paint it and do something about all of the patching in the shower. Maybe we will retile the shower too. I would like to get some 18" tile and do the floor and shower together. The previous owner didn't clean anything so there is a lot of dust and grime--pretty gross. I don't think she had dusted in years.

So anyway, we are just about done. Janna is going back to the apartment to clean today and turn in the keys. Stone has been a great helper. He loves to fill the boxes with whatever is available. We just need to get him out of his shell and get him new friends and a preschool.

1 comment:

New Mexican Youngs said...

Congrats on the new home, isn't it great. Sound like you guys are in the same situatiojn as us - al ot of cleaning to do (I don't know how some people can live like that?) Hope everything goes well and from your family blog it looks like you will have a great ward (maybe someone to hunt wiht too :-)