We played Last Call again. We shut out Last Call again. We did not shut up Last Call though. For a team that has lost twice to us and not scored a single point, they sure talk a lot of smack. They went from tied for 2nd with us in the league to somewhere in the cellar where they belong. We are firmly planted in 2nd place with 4 wins and 1 loss. This win guarantees us a spot in the playoffs.
Tim was back at QB for us this game, playing most of the 1st half and leading us to a 7-0 halftime lead. It was also his catch and rugby shovel to me that got us the 2nd touchdown of the game. He threw me a nice ball down the middle of the field right at the end of the first half but the drive ended around the 20 when the clock expired.
Hopefully Tim has renewed confidence in throwing to me. Apparently sometime in our 1st game this season he said I wasn't aggressive enough on a ball and it was nearly picked. I can't remember it and have been racking my brain trying to remember it, but can't. If someone can recall it, let me know. Anyway I hope my one-handed catch of his shovel-pitch helped redeem his confidence in me. I take full responsibility of good balls I don't catch and I am working hard on not letting those drop.
Subway Sub of the Game: Malcolm. Malcolm played his first game with us. He is a force to be reckoned with on the O-line. I lost count how many defenders he flat-backed blocking on offense. It was nice to have a big body helping out on the line and giving our QB's more time to throw.
Highlights: I don't want to float my own boat, but in the 2nd half on 2 consecutive plays Scott threw me swing passes to the left and I think combined they went for about 50 yards. That was fun. I had the shimmy-shakes with my hips and eluded several would-be "tacklers" to pick up several yards after the catch. These were good plays that kept the linebackers honest and we would be smart to continue to run them until they stop us.
Allen had a few nice catches, one for the extra point if I remember right. Tim busted out the first TD running behind Malcolm on the right side of the line. Those punks were talking so much smack, it felt good to run it through their hearts and blow them off the line.
Our defense was solid again with its 4th shutout of the season. Allen has been calling a good defensive game and keeping the QB's guessing with our blitz package. It was good to have Paul and Dan back. We are hoping to finally see Jon Betts and hope his wife is making a speedy recovery from her accident.
The game came down once again to controlling the line of scrimmage. Our line both offensively and defensively dominated all game and even drew a couple of pats on the back from the officials during and after the game. When we control the line of scrimmage, we win.
Forecast: We play the Thunder next Saturday and unfortunately for them they play us in their 2nd game of back-to-back games. They have nice professional-looking uniforms and even a coach. I don't think they have won a game yet, but it is not for lack of trying. They played the Ballers tough in the first half on Saturday and moved the ball on them, they just couldn't finish. We should be up by 3 TD's going into halftime.
We have the late game so rest up. Hopefully the weather will cooperate like it did this past weekend and the rain will wait until after we play. Well done this week, my report is brief because it is late and I am tired. The Rockies won again and are up 3-0 in the series. They are playing out of their minds, I love it.
Next Game: 10/20 11 AM VS. Thunder
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment