Monday, September 24, 2007

Things that burn

I hate fax machines. We finally found a decent house in our price range and were getting ready to make an offer. So of course I get the call this morning that another offer had been made first thing this morning and they have until 8pm to respond to it. Why does this always happen. Same thing happened in December. Makes you feel all rushed and uncomfortable. I do not want to feel that way when making the biggest purchase of my life to this point.

Then of course I get all of the paperwork filled out, signed, initialed, forged for Janna with her permission, and the fax machine on the other end wouldn't work. I spent way to many hours dealing with that problem. Now if it was on my end, I take full responsibility. However it was not and that is why I wanted to punch somebody or something. 3 different fax machines would not take and it was not my end. Finally my agent had me fax it to her house and it worked fine. Slow, but fine. Archaically slow, but fine.

So now we wait. They met tonight to discuss the 2 offers and our agent is really upbeat that our offer will be accepted. I am okay whether we get it or not. We saw another house Friday night that needed a little updating inside and had an unfinished basement, but was 40% bigger and we wouldn't outgrow as fast. It was 10K cheaper too on the asking price, so either way I guess we will be able to get into a decent house and still pay less than we would if we stay renters at these stupid apartments.

Our apartment management put a renewal letter on our door today. If we stay and sign a year lease, our rent goes up by 200 dollars/month. 10 month, almost 300/month. Month-to-month goes up 450/month plus a month-to-month "premium." What the 1134-upside-down is that all about? Why would you totally screw your renters like that? Especially ones that never miss a payment and cause no problems? Unfortunately I had already heard they do that, it just makes me even madder that they would try this crap on me. I already filled out the survey they attached and told them what they could do with it. What a joke.

I'll let you know about the house when we do. I'll post pics too if they are still available then.

No comments: