Tuesday, September 25, 2007

No House Yet

Well, no luck with the house. The other offer was for 5K more than ours, but they can't close until sometime in December. The Sellers want to move soon, but apparently the extra 5 grand is reason enough to stay another 2 months.

I have to admit, I am okay with it. The house was really nice and staged exceptionally well when we walked through, yet at only 1550 (approx) finished SF and only 3 bedrooms, by the time we have our next kid (no we are NOT pregnant), we would outgrow the house. I do not want to feel like it is already time to move should we decide to have another kid.

Last Friday night we saw another house that I am leaning more toward. It is 1000 SF bigger than the other one which includes an unfinished basement. It has 4 bedrooms upstairs and they are all large rooms. The only downside is the kitchen. Since I am never in there does it really matter??? Just kidding Janna. We will have to expand the Kitchen for Janna, I am thinking of taking out the cabinets on the south side that encloses it and creating an island for her. I guess we have to decide to buy it before we get too many ideas.

The lot is about the same, taxes are a little more, but we should be able to get into it for anywhere from 12-15K less than the smaller house. We are going to go see it one more time before we make any decisions. Most importantly, it has a chimney so Santa can get into the house, just ask Stone & Rusty.

1 comment:

Janna said...

you'll think the kitchen matters when I won't want to be in there to fix EVERY meal for you.