Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring is Here

Last week I finished up my work at the CIS project. We had a couple of pours mixed in with a few poor weather days. It went from 60 and sunshine on Monday to blizzard-like conditions on Thursday which carried into Friday and Saturday. Sunday morning we woke up and it was back up into decent weather again with some wind.

Thursday I had a 4 hour training learning how to do onscreen takeoffs (actually a great tool) and then went back to the job and packed up. Friday morning I had another training at the area office and then moved my things into the area office. I am scheduled to be here until May 12. I hope that is accurate.

Last night we went on a walk with the boys down to one of the parks in the neighborhood. On our way back I took the double stroller with the boy in it and we went off-roading. They all thought it was so fun to go up and over everything and even Van was laughing hysterically. It was so important to them that we beat mommy home. Everything is a race for them. Lately one of their favorite things to do is play a game they call "Baby chase" where they run around the main floor and Janna tries to catch them. She is a good sport and plays over and over.

I am getting excited for the summer. I have all the days off that I needed to get for our trips to Newport Beach, CA and Coeur D' Alene, ID. It can't come soon enough. Of course, then it flies by and we are back to wishing it was still to come.
We are looking at doing a no-cost refinance to lower our interest rate on our house. We found an excellent guy to help us. The industry has taken such a huge beating that I think they are desperate for business. I tried the company who bought our loan, but they weren't helpful at all. We actually called in on a mailer and this guy has been fabulous. We will end up saving almost $60 a month, which is huge for us. We are trying to eliminate any unnecessary expenses where we can. If we can effectively do this I think we will be on the right track. If we can take a portion of that and spend it on food storage and put the rest into savings, then I think we will be establishing good habits and doing things we can teach our boys how to do as they get older.
We got our lawn aereated a week ago by the boy scouts. The timing was good because of all of the precipitation we received this past week. We seeded the areas where the previous owner's dog had decided to dig, and the grass has started to come up. We also noticed yesterday how the entire backyard is quickly becoming green. Hopefully with a week of sunshine it will really come into its own.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like you're really fixing the place up! Anyways, it was 100 degrees here yesterday, so your weather sounds perfect! Miss ya!