Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Our link to CR Trivia

So yesterday I got my marching orders. For the 2nd time since I transferred to the Building Group, the project I have been assigned to is having finance issues. Yippee. So in the mean time after this week I will be moving to the Area Office to help in the estimating department. It does have its upside, they don't start as early, I'm not on my feet quite as much, and I'll get some estimating experience until (if, when, should) the job starts.


We are finishing up a few more things at the CIS job this week and after Thursday I will be done here. I have a full day of training and reading with 3rd graders all day Friday, so Thursday afternoon will be the final hours for me here, for now. I will come back for about a week to do topping slabs but that won't happen for about 6 weeks.

We got box seats to the Rockies-Braves game last night. I was a little hesitant at first because the temperatures were low yesterday and there was a 60% chance of precipitation, but we decided to make a night of it. Turns out we spent as much or more time getting to and from the game as we did at the game itself. After scoring a quick run in the top of the 1st inning, both pitchers were very efficient. Until the bottom of the 8th inning, no one scored and most innings went quickly. There were a lot of 1st pitch groundballs. We got to see the future Hall of Famer Tom Glavine pitch a jewel of a game. Unfortunately for him his bullpen couldn't hold the lead. In the 8th, Tulo led off with a double, Helton struck out looking, and then Holliday sent the first pitch over the center field wall. It was awesome.

Luckily the game ended up being the shortest game in Coors Field history, 2 hours and 5 minutes. I think the boys thought it was still too long. They didn't take naps so they were ready to leave as soon as they ate their hotdogs. They always love the train ride there. The train was pretty empty so they jumped around like monkeys most of the way there. We had a fun time.

No comments: