
Mitt Romney suspended his campaign yesterday, effectively putting McCain as the GOP nominee. A friend of mine sent me this article from the Wall Street Journal about the influence of Romney's campaign on the church.
I think that despite the negativity it will be good in the long run. Any press, good or bad, sparks interest. One of my favorite scriptures, "by their fruits ye shall know them" comes to mind. If people truly want to know about it, they will come to the source and see the good. Any church that spends the money we do on helping others with humanitarian efforts alone cannot be bad.
I am discouraged as an American that there are no longer any quality candidates with a real shot at becoming President. While I did not like the negativity that came with his campaign against my religion, I did like the fact that he was a candidate with strong moral convictions and a financial genious who could do wonders for our declining economy. If McCain has any brains at all, he will bring Mitt on as his VP. McCain's specialty will be the war, Mitt's the economy. We are a country of specialization, why not in the White House? Now the primary reason for me to vote for McCain will be to keep the future Supreme Court Justices Conservative.


No comments:
Post a Comment