Monday, June 9, 2008

Aging

I have only one more week in my 20's. The decade of my youth. I had so many things to do, places to go. What did I accomplish? Have I done enough to call it a success? Am I old? Am I on track to get where I'm going?

These are thoughts and questions I have had running through my head the last couple of weeks as I approach the end of my 20's and anticipate the start of my 30's. I remember when my dad had his 30th birthday and I remember thinking he must be old. Now, conveniently, it doesn't seem so old. I know that age is all relative to the person, but it does have some significance.

Yesterday I taught the 16 year old Sunday School Class at church. I feel like I am just a few years removed from them. We had a good lesson discussing Alma the Younger and the sons of Mosiah. I took a different approach on the lesson though. We related it to peer pressure and what types of influences they must have faced to choose to act the way they did. I enjoyed the lesson and tried to impress upon them the fact that regardless of where they are in life, the temptations and choices will never end. I see them every day, big and small.

1 comment: